Mommy and Me

Mommy and Me
Sharing life with you is fullfilling

Friday, June 27, 2014

Boy did I check off my list today

I was rocking this life this morning.  And I feel it all has to do with starting my morning with God.  So long as I'm able to sleep well in the night I have made it my goal to get up when Patrick gets up,  which actually wasn't working out because he let's his alarm go off so many times, he hardly has enough time to get ready, let alone eat breakfast if he has to wait for me to cook it.  So this morning I got up before him, made his breakfast and set it at the table and we ate together.  It was lovely.
Just after he left for work I started my daily bible reading and writing down my prayers.  I love this time in the morning, when I can pour my heart out to my heavenly daddy. .. And I have noticed a change in my journals over the last two years... positivity,  thankfulness,  and a general oppinion of the goodness of the God I serve.
The rest of the day was uneventful but accomplished.  I even enjoyed my children while reaching my goals. It's hard sometimes to stop and really enjoy your children when you have a lot of things to do, but I have been really putting in the effort and praying hard for God to help me to enjoy these children and to speak respectfully to them without yelling but still with authority. ... That is a hard job, but so far I think I'm doing pretty well.
Do you have goals for your parenting?  Have you seen God at work in your life in an area you didn't even know he was going to be improving?  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment