Mommy and Me

Mommy and Me
Sharing life with you is fullfilling

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mommy from two

At the creation of this blog there was only one little person tugging at my pant legs and saying mommy, mommy, mommy!  Now there are two.  F has grown so much in the last two years, she is beautiful, even if her vocab is short for her age, she has a lot to say... most of it babbling, but then there is the beautiful sound of her voice the moment I walk into the house after a breif trip without my children, a rare treat for any mother, her tiny legs working douple fast, pumping and kicking to get to me as quickly as possible, and her hands striving for good balance and reaching to the sky to have me pick her up as soon as possible "mama, Mama! Mama!" and then it continues long after she has reached her target.
C also has grown so much!  Currently I'm watching him attempt to life F off the floor by her hips while her hands and head are still very much on the floor.  They are best friends, and annoying counterparts of each other.  C is a creater, building amazing animals out of giant legos, creating both the animal and the story that will tell me about it's life, and purpose.  His latest amazing creatures are a 3 foot ostrich build with the help of his daddy, and a much smaller sea turtle.  He builds dragons, horses, giraffes and dinosaurs too.  He is not one to sit still playing with cars, though he occassionally picks them up.  He would rather build something and tell me the story about it.
C is also an expert on all things animal.  He memorizes the names and facts of animals like no other child I know.  He can tell you which animals are preditors (a word I believe I learned in 3rd or 4th grade, definetly not at 3 years old. It would not surprize me at all if he grew up to be a veterinarian, or zoo keeper, or some other animal related worker.
F is interested in taking apart her brothers creations, I don't think she does so out of spite, or just to destroy them, I think she is taking them apart like a surgeon would in surgery, she wants to know what each item does, why is it there? How do you put it back without distroying the whole creation.  This is something that reminds me very much of stories I've heard of P when he was a child.  He once took apart a chair causing problems for his unsuspecting grandmother who later sat on the disassembled chair.  Her care is deep and concentrated, she also cares for the needs of others in this same manor.  Pretending a baby doll is crying is second nature to her, as is shushing the baby while patting it's back, or for that matter shushing her brother when he is crying.  her cute little lips (one of her best features all the way back to birth) pursing and her eyes saddening for whoever is crying. F knows a tissue or wet wipe solves a runny nose and offers them to everyone in the house regardless of whether they have a runny nose.  She knows that every baby needs a paci to stop the crying.. and that a blanket and the hug of a mama can help any saddness.  Her heart is big! And joyful!  Every pinwheel, flower and hanging decoration needs a good blow, and when you guess correctly what it is she wants she will reward you with the biggest smile and cutest 'shy' duck and cover there ever was.
Hearing mommy over and over and over again can be a blessing and a curse.  There are days that I just want to send them to bed and be done with the needs of my children for the night, but then there are nights like tonight and yesterday that I would much rather observe them and love on them, smile with them and listen to the story of C's latest flying dragon made of legos, or blow one more time on that pinwheel F has been planting on my face for the last ten minutes. 
I cried yesterday because we homeschool and have only just started this year, but P was talking about sending C to public school to 'teach' him to be obedient better.  Honestly I thought how could he be taught better by a person who is responsible for 30 children's education, than by one who is solely dedicated to his education and integrity training?  P didnt actually mean to send C away immediately, or even to enroll him next year, but was just thinking ahead because C seems so adverse to instruction.  I can teach him to learn, I can teach him the basic skills he needs in this world, I can do that, I'm perfectly confident in that... what I fear I cannot teach him is advanced Math, and Science... but those things are not going to be learned in 1st or 2nd grade, so I feel I should be allowed time to develop his character, without the assistance of a person who has no long term need to help him become the man I hope he will be.  That is not to say I wont accept or even ask for assistance when needed, but to say that I don't want to give my children into someone elses hands unless I do have need for their assistance.
I am blessed to have these little being that cuddle me, demand my attention and give me the best gifts anyone in the world has ever received... a reward for simply loving them.  I am an addict, I want another.

No comments:

Post a Comment